Moree Plains Shire A great place to live work and play

Follow Moree Plains Shire on Facebook Follow Moree Plains Shire on Instagram Follow Moree Plains Shire on Twitter Moree Plains Shire Council on Linkedin You Tube
A- A A+

Accuracy or Not Working

Moree Plains Shire Council is responsible for the water meter infrastructure up to and including the water meter. Water meters record the water used by a property. If you are connected to Council's water supply system you will have a water meter on your property, usually just inside the front boundary of your property. You’ll recognise it as a low metal pipe structure with a tap handle or lever at one end and a meter dial in the middle.

The property owner is responsible for maintenance of pipes and other water infrastructure on the "house" side of the meter so remember to keep your meter clear of garden debris and do not bury it as we need to have easy access to it. Each quarter, we bill you for the water usage.

Inaccurate Meter or Not Working

Council will replace inaccurate or faulty meters, at no cost to the owner if the meter is found to be defective, can no longer be reasonably maintained or is replaced as part of a meter replacement program.

Council will attempt to notify the property owner at the time of replacement and advise that a new meter has been installed.

If you believe your water meter is not accurately recording water use, a Council Officer can test this, however if no issue is found you may be charged.