New App Helps You With Bin Collections
How many times have you stood on the street checking which coloured bins your neighbours have put out for collection?
Moree Plains Shire Council has developed an App – 'MPSC WASTE' – which gives Users a personalised bin collection calendar, custom pick-up reminders, an extensive A-Z recycling guide, plus tips for reducing waste and better recycling.
Acting Waste Manager Tahra Sayers said “The MPSC WASTE App is a great tool that helps residents identify which coloured bin should be out for collection, prompts Users about kerbside waste and recycling initiatives and provides an easy way of notifying Council of missed services or bin issues.”
“To get personalised reminders and tailored messages about waste service, Users should ensure notifications are checked on when they download the App.”
“It’s all about getting the right day, right bin and the right waste so our resource recovery programs and services are effective, contamination is reduced, and waste to landfill is minimised” said Mrs Sayers.
MPSC WASTE can be downloaded free from the App Store for iPhone or Google play for Android.
App features include:
• Personalised bin collection calendar with optional bin day reminders
• Quick guide to your kitchen bin, our three bin system, and an A-Z list of materials and how to dispose of them
• Forms to request an additional bin, notify Council of a missed service and more
• Information about Council’s services and waste facilities, including maps and directions
• Notifications to find out the latest waste information from Council
For households without access to a smartphone or tablet, there is a similar feature Waste Services Guide booklet and collection calendar.