Be Waste Wise – Right Day – Right Bin – Right Waste MPSC Waste App
Download for Free
“Which coloured bin this week? Check out what the neighbours have put out”
It’s a familiar conversation across many households in the Shire on bin collection day.
Developed by Council and launched last year, the free MPSC WASTE App has been downloaded by many a resident across the Shire keen to avoid the early morning pyjama-clad dash to check the neighbour’s kerbside bin selection.
Waste Manager Tahra Sayers encouraged residents to download the App, noting that the MPSC Waste App gives users a personalised bin collection calendar, custom pick-up reminders, an extensive A-Z recycling guide, plus tips for reducing waste and better recycling.
“The MPSC WASTE App is a great tool that helps residents identify which coloured bin should be out for collection, prompts users about kerbside waste and recycling initiatives and provides an easy way of notifying Council of missed services or bin issues.
“It’s all about getting the right day, right bin and the right waste so our resource recovery programs and services are effective, contamination is reduced, and waste to landfill is minimised” said Mrs Sayers.
MPSC WASTE can be downloaded free from the App Store for iPhone or Google play for Android. App features include:
- Personalised bin collection calendar with optional bin day reminders
- Quick guide to your kitchen bin, our three bin system, and an A-Z list of materials and how to dispose of them
- Forms to request an additional bin, notify Council of a missed service and more
- Information about Council’s services and waste facilities, including maps and directions
- Notifications to find out the latest waste information from Council
Mrs Sayers reminded community members, “To get personalised reminders and tailored messages about waste service, users should ensure notifications are checked on when they download the App.”
For households without access to a smartphone or tablet, there is a similar feature on Council’s website, as well as the Waste Services Guide booklet and collection calendar.