Tree damage Moree ShireFollowing the wild weather over the past few days, bear in mind, trees around the Shire (including on private property) may have been weakened and become unstable and can pose a risk to community members. Trees and branches may have been hit by lightning or affected by very strong winds during big storms. As Council and property owners assess the damage caused by recent storm activity, please be mindful of the risk of trees and branches falling.

Report any concerns to Council on (02) 6757 3222.

Follow Moree Plains Shire on Facebook Follow Moree Plains Shire on Instagram Follow Moree Plains Shire on Twitter Follow Moree Plains Shire on You Tube Moree Plains Shire Council on Linkedin
A- A A+

How We Accept Payments

Options for making a Payment to Moree Plains Shire Council:


Please click on the following link to pay your rates or water installments using a credit card (Visa or MasterCard) via the Australia Post bill pay service.

In Person

At Council’s Offices in Moree, Boggabilla and Mungindi. If you are paying at the Mungindi Office, please do so in enough time so that the payment reaches the Moree office by the due date (Approximately 2days)


By telephone the Revenue Team on (02) 67 57 3222. Be sure to have your MasterCard, Visa, Bankcard and assessment notice in front of you before phoning. Council cannot accept American Express cards.

Direct Debit

By direct debit from your bank account to Council’s. Authorisation from the ratepayer is required to do this, so please contact the Revenue Team for further information (02)6757 3222.


By Cheque payable to Moree Plains Shire Council and posted to PO BOX 420 Moree NSW 2400.
(Be sure to attach your deposit slip. Please note post-dated cheques are not legal and will be returned)


By Bpay following the instructions on your rates notice.(Please note the Biller Code is different for rates and water bills)


When using BPOINT© as your preferred method of payment, please ensure that you use the corresponding biller code relating to the bill of payment. ‘Water Assessment Notices’ and’ Rates Notices’ have a different billing code, therefore the money will be assigned against the provided billing code and not necessary against the bill you have chosen to pay.