Which Bin? Competition
Council has launched its Which Bin? Competition; an exciting new competition to challenge local residents and encourage the correct disposal of recycling and organic waste in the Shire. The competition will see Cleanaway representatives inspecting the kerbside yellow and green bins of registered residents to see if recycling and organic waste has been placed in the correct bin.
In order to participate in the Which Bin? Competition, residents must comply with the Terms and Conditions and register their property details in the “Which Bin? Competition Registration” via the Waste App. Registration is open from Monday 28 October.
The Waste App which is a great resource for all things waste-related in the Moree Plains and can be downloaded free from the App Store for iPhone or Google play for Android.
App features include:
- Personalised bin collection calendar with optional bin day reminders
- Quick guide to your kitchen bin, our three bin system, and an A-Z list of materials and how to dispose of them
- Forms to request an additional bin, notify Council of a missed service and more
- Information about Council’s services and waste facilities, including maps and directions
- Notifications to find out the latest waste information from Council
From Monday 4 November, registered addresses will be randomly selected for inspection.
If your address is selected, your green or yellow bin (depending on the week) must be put out for the kerbside collection on your usual collection day. Its contents will be inspected and if no contamination is found in your bin, then you will be our weekly winner and win a $250 Love Local Moree card - it’s that simple! If contamination is detected, inspections will continue until staff find a registered residence with a bin free of contaminants.
With a prize pool of $1,000, the competition will run for 4 weeks:
- Week of Monday 4 November (organics – a green lid bin week)
- Week of Monday 11 November (recycling – a yellow lid bin week)
- Week of Monday 18 November (organics – a green lid bin week)
- Week of Monday 25 November (recycling – a yellow lid bin week)
Winners will be announced each Friday afternoon via Council’s Facebook page.
Council has launched this competition to encourage residents to download the free MPSC Waste app, encourage correct recycling practices and reduce contamination rates in the kerbside recycling and organics collection service.