Benefits and Entitlements
A career at Council is more than just a job. Join us and you will receive a range of benefits, including flexible work practices and life balance initiatives, training opportunities, ongoing professional development, paid parental leave options, corporate health and wellbeing programs, staff award and recognition initiatives along with staff development days.
A job at Council means you will make a difference in our community, work to protect and enhance the environment or gain skills that are in demand nationally and internationally.
Employment conditions at Council are in accordance with the Local Government (State) Award (NSW).
Moree Plains Shire Council is recognised as an Employer Of Choice and is enjoying a high number of competitive applicants for most positions advertised. Our organisational goal is to provide employees with a happy and healthy working life experience which creates a productive workforce.
Employee Benefits include:
- Flexible work arrangements aimed at producing a healthy work/life balance
- A range of salary sacrifice options which maximise take home pay and optimise the benefits of our remote location
- 9.5% employer contributed superannuation with the ability to salary sacrifice additional employee contributed superannuation
- A range of wellness programs which include annual flu vaccinations, quarterly newsletter, four employee health programs per year, and proactive access to health checks
- Employee Assistance Program which provides for external and confidential counselling services
- A highly subsidised corporate wardrobe and excellent access to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Educational Assistance Program
- An inclusive and diverse workforce where differences are valued
- Relocation payments if identified as a part of the advertising process (not all positions have this component)
- A Drug and Alcohol program aimed at supporting a healthy and safe workplace
- Discounted health care fund rates through Australian Health Management
- Voluntary membership to staff member social clubs
- Recognition of staff efforts and service
Generous Leave Entitlements
- Access to carers leave, maternity and parental leave for supporting partners
- Long Service leave after five years of service which can be accessed at half, standard or double pay
- Four weeks annual leave per year and options to purchase leave
- Three weeks sick leave entitlement per year
- Leave without pay may be available to employees in each five years of service to pursue personal interests such as further education and travel
- Some positions also attract a regular rostered day off as nine day fortnight or one day in three week cycle
- Financial members of the various employee associations nominated through the NSW Local Government (State) Award are given leave to attend the annual Union Picnic Day
- All identified Aboriginal employees are entitled to one day of special leave to attend the annual community NAIDOC Day event Employee Benefits Brochure